Thursday, April 5, 2007

Around The World

I chose to do this topic because it is such a big part of my life. It's what I have done for almost five years now, and it is a very big part of who I am. I know what it's like to grow up with not much, but never have I gone without. I plan to show how around the world people and countries still need help, as well as the help that is already being received. I also hope to influence at least one of my viewers to honestly think about helping out. It's very ironic, because I do not attend church at all, it may seem like that's what I am about, and being about that is not a bad thing, but I do feel that certain things in life are necessary. This type of enjoyment is a necessary for me.

In the past, I have noticed that there are lots of places in the world that still need help. People are still suffering in other countries and not getting the proper help that they need, so I decided to research today and find out who is helping out today amongst celebrities. They have the most money and power to help, so let's see who can actually be generous enough to lend a hand. Back on March 13, 2006, forty-four celebrities volunteered to help out the Red Cross organization by donating their time and energy for the cause. Among this list are Pierce Brosnan, Marcia Gay Harden, Sandra Oh, Jamie Lee Curtis, Marcia Cross, Jacki Chan, Eli Manning, Aisha Tyler, Amy Grant, and Tommy Hilfiger. They join returning members including Cuba Gooding, Jr., Julianne Moore, Heidi Klum, Patti LaBelle, Tim McGraw, Rascal Flatts, and Dakota Fanning. www.redcross.org/pressrelease/0,1077,0_489_5214,00.html



I couldn't have imagined the amount of people who are famous and still have time to volunteer due to their careers. I also was happy to see that people like Oprah Winfrey help out as well. She recently just built a school in Africa to help out those less fortunate and those who couldn't afford to go to school. In the past, I would have to say that Oprah is probably the biggest contributor to charities around the world. She has organizations and foundations everywhere around the world.

I believe eventually we all will start to help out, it's just a matter of time.

1 comment:

Cap'n Fatback said...

Nicely done, Jessica. a good job with the picture and the link as well. 5/5