Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's Not All Easy You Know

Not once have I ever thought that doing something such as volunteering would be hard, but sometimes it can get very challenging. Things go wrong all the time. Like for instance, since I am in Big Brothers Big Sisters(BBBS), I am alerted on all the upcoming events they plan. They are throwing a fundraiser called Bowl for Kid's Sake and my manager at my job is on the board for BBBS. For some reason she decides that she would make me team captain, as if my life isn't stressful enough with school and work on top of this. I just feel so overwhelmed at some points in my life, because I feel that I am pulled in thousands of different directions at once, and I don't know what should be on top, in the middle, or the bottom of my priority list. It will be worth it when it's all said and done, it's just a matter of getting to that point.

It's really hard dividing up your time as well to all those tasks you must perform. Since I am the captain of our team for the Bank, I must make sure our team raises $500.o0 by April 22nd, because that is our goal. Although I am very stressed out with my situation right now, this is probably one of the greatest functions BBBS does as an organization. We raise money for them to be able to do the activities they hold for the kids and their bigs. Just let me inform you, if your going to volunteer, make sure you have a lot of patience and a lot of time to handle situations so you not buggin out like I am. :)

2 comments:

adesulu said...

I comend you for volunteering you to do anything. If money ant involved I ant messin with it. A little selfish but thats just how i am. Good Job

Cap'n Fatback said...

Jessica--

Well done, nice entry. You wrote "your" when you meant "you're" near the end. Other than that, good job. Also, be prepared to link to outside resources from here on out. 5/5